First, you'll need some cardstock in a nice color, some tacky craft glue, an exacto knife, and a regular frame, in addition to several of your wax wrappers:
After that, I started cutting my wax wrappers into about 1/8" strips long ways- I admit I just guessestimated, but you may want to measure to feel more confident.
| Cutting the Wax wrappers into strips |
Next, I crossed another one with a dot of glue on top:
Picking a direction, I started to "weave" strips across the strip dotting some glue as I went. Note I made sure to overhang the strips over the rectangle of the cardstock:
I kept doing this in every direction:
When I covered the cardstock, I trimmed off the overhanging strips to match the size of the cardstock and sprayed it with a spray sealant to keep everything in:
Once that was done and dried, I was ready to mount the piece in the frame:
DONE!
Kinda wild, if you ask me- you'd never know it came from wax wrappers unless you really looked. Takes a while, and a bit of patience, but a good way to recycle, and really fun to do! Trippy!
No comments:
Post a Comment