First, I got together my supplies: some craft store felt, colored heavy thread, scissors and some straight pins and my pattern printed out on an 8 1/2" by 11" piece of standard paper:
Flip Flop Pattern (it may not be the greatest sketch, but don't use it commercially please)
Next, I cut 2 pieces out of the same colored felt of the sole of the shoe, and 1 of the thong part of the sole out of contrasting fabric by pinning the pattern to the felt:
First, I'm going to whip stitch the thong piece onto the sole. I positioned it, then pinned it onto the sole:
I used contrasting embroidery thread to stitch the thong down:
Next, I started to sew the 2 sole pieces together (right sides out) using a blanket stitch around the edge. I started just a little above where the thong starts on the instep as shown by the needle in the picture:
I proceeded to stitch all the way around the heel until I got to just above the other side of the thong strap. This will leave a top opening to put goodies in:
I then made a little hanger by cutting out a small rectangle, folding it in half, and stitching it onto the back of the stocking:
That's it! Now you can fit a couple of bars of wax inside plus a cane:
Here's some more stockings hung on a wall:
And just to answer your question, a chimera DOES NOT count as a hearth to hang your stocking off of. As for your second question, yes, it could possibly fit a Tallboy.
No comments:
Post a Comment