As much as I've loved my Starr super wide tail shortboard, I've decided to return back to a true funshape style, still a Starr 6'10" (hey, at my age, that counts as a shortboard). So, I traded it in at my favorite surf shop-TOTAL PLUG ALERT-Core Surf!
Every time I get a shortboard, I put this spray traction on the tail, since I tend to use my toes to pop
| Monster Paint |
For this project, PLEASE use safety glasses and a filter mask. Tarps and painters' tape are also needed.
I set up where I wanted the traction to go, making sure I taped off the rails and even the leash plug, to avoid getting those areas roughed.
I set up where I wanted the traction to go, making sure I taped off the rails and even the leash plug, to avoid getting those areas roughed.
| My safety equipment on my new board |
The area is taped off, with tarps laid down underneath,
as well as over the deck of the board I did not want sprayed.
|
The Spirit of OutKast compels me to shake it
like a Polaroid picture
|
| You can really see the sheen from the spray |
| Area with the tread/area without tread |
I have another project for this board on deck....at the other end!
I made a brand new leash string for my
rough and ready buddy!
|
Really great tutorial on applying invisible traction to your board. Another alternative is to use a grip strip, like http://tikisurf.net/ .
ReplyDeleteClear grip strips can work well too, but I personally like the flattest grip possible. So far, I haven't seen any other makers of this type of surfboard traction.
ReplyDelete