With my surf mags in hand, some tiny square magnets, and clear shipping tape, I wanted to make some mini picture magnets. Remember, if you are using images, don't resell these, since the photographer retains the original rights to the picture- you can use it for fun yourself, though!
| Supplies! |
After finding my images, I laid a generous piece of clear packing tape over the image and burnished it with my thumbnail to ensure the tape was thoroughly attached to the paper:
After that, I cut out the image, leaving a lot of room to spare, and placed it into a small bowl of warm water.
After giving it a minute, I began to scrape away (gently!) the paper away from the back of the tape, leaving a semi-transparent image of the surfer.
If you are attaching these images to black magnets, keep in mind you may want to glue a white square backing on before gluing the image down, but since these have a self adhesive that is white, I'm going to peel away the adhesive backing and line up the square behind the transparent image, then press down.
| You can see the magnets square behind the transparent image. You can glue this down if desired with clear drying glue, but the self adhesive should stick well. |
| Pretty cool! |
My husband actually thought they were store bought before I told him otherwise, so save some cash on the jacked up versions. Even better if they're images of you.
Maybe one day.....guess I have to ride a wave more that two seconds to get a good shot off..... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment