The downside- outside of the cost- is that even though the waterproof housing is durable, I seem to always have have some other problem going on when I use it, and no way to take care of it when I'm already at the beach.
First, the other day, I couldn't pull the GoPro out of the mount on the end of my board, unlike I could easily every other time before when it was new:
| My GoPro mount on the nose of my longboard. |
A solution for this was to get a small travel toothbrush that comes with the cover. It's small, fits into my GoPro case I made, and has a sealed cover so gunk won't get on it in the pouch. It can brush away the sand in the tiny grooves of the mount, and keep sand and salt from tearing it up over time.
| Minty fresh. |
On that note, I thought having a little fresh water would be handy to help with this. I could use a small squeeze bottle, but I recycled one of those "water flavor enhancer" bottles, since when you squeeze it, a pretty fierce little stream comes out to knock away small particulate on the mount and the camera. I made a label for this on the computer and will seal it with some packing tape cut to lay over it so the label's waterproof- it will prevent the ink from smearing.
| My little 3" water sprayer |
| No beber. |
Lastly, I added a small microfiber cloth to the kit to clean off the housing before putting Jet Dry on, trying to put it in the mount, etc.
| Ready to be a photographer! |
Now, I can film myself so I can finish up my low budget live action film of Wilbur Kookmeyer. Hey- you know that would make an awesome movie. Better than "The Flintstones" with John Goodman. Never saw Dino the same after that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment