I haven't lost the handplane yet out in the water, but I thought it might be good to have a little insurance. I wanted to make a leash, but nothing too obstructive that would get in the way. Around the house, we had one of these keychains with a plastic coiled cord:
I just needed the coiled cord, so I removed the key ring from the one end and used a pair of tin snips to cut the hook end free from the cord:
Next, I made a wrist strap by cutting off the last 2 inches of an old neoprene wetsuit sleeve:
| Cut off wrist of a wetsuit sleeve |
| All leashed up! |
I wouldn't expect this to hold in super heavy waves, but then if I get into a super heavy wave and get tossed, I don't want a square foot of poplar within close proximity to me anyway....
No comments:
Post a Comment