Here's one I've had on my side bite fin rack for a while, just hanging out by it's lonesome. It's a plastic FCS left side large side bite that has been well surfed, from the look of the edges on it.
Since it has a flat back, I thought this could make a cool art project.
I just got finished flipping through my Surfer magazine (I wish this was in digital format!), so I've been wanting to do several projects with the magazine once I was finished with it.
| Latest (relatively) Surfer mag |
Next, I spread I good layer of white, clear drying glue over the curved, outer part of the fin, leaving the flat side plain. I didn't cover the tabs on the fin:
| I used Tacky Glue- hopefully that's not how it'll turn out. |
After that, I took the fin out to the garage, and WITH MY MASK ON, a sprayed 3 coats of sealant over the whole fin to protect the piece. Make sure you do light coats, and wait 15-20 between each coat.
I got a "memory box" frame from the craft store, which is essentially a frame that has a thick empty space inside to mount objects that have some dimension to them. The one I got is an 8 by 8. It was cheap, even new, and a lot of times, these can be easily picked up at Goodwill or a garage sale, but I didn't get the chance to treasure hunt for frames recently.
| Memory box next to dried, sealed fin. |
| Had an extra mounting strip around, so I used that. |
It can stand on it's own on a shelf, or be hung up, either way:
| Hanging up on the wall |
No comments:
Post a Comment