I thought about how I could do this on one of my existing leashes. I went to the hardware store (or you can check your garage) for two rubber o-rings, like the ones used in plumbing. I used o-rings with 1 1/8" outside diameter, and a 1" inside diameter. Essentially, I tried to find ones that were thin enough to stretch over the end of the leash, but wouldn't slip off once on.
![]() |
| Two o-rings over leash end. |
![]() |
| Starting overhand knot |
Once the sinnet is completed the entire way around, I did a final square knot to complete the circle. I also used some E-6000 industrial and waterproof glue on a q-tip and dab it on the final knot to secure it. The o-rings, now joined together by the square knots, should slide up and down the length of the leash freely, but should not slip off.
![]() |
| Completed sinnet of square knots |
Now to go try it out- I like experiments like these! If only we'd get some fun Summer longboard waves soon.....



No comments:
Post a Comment